We make it a high priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide to us. Please read this policy to learn about our privacy practices. By visiting this website, you are accepting the practices described herein.
Information collected by us is controlled by uniticket Travel Agency (trading as uniticket.co.uk, hereinafter referred to as ‘we’
, and ‘us’
A. Personal Information we collect and how we collect it
Although in certain instances we will require you to provide us with your personal information, for example, to enable you to set up an account with us or purchase products or services (and we will make it clear to you at the time what we need from you) you can visit many pages on our website without the need to supply any personal information.
We may collect personal information about you in the following circumstances:
- When you purchase products and/or services: You provide us with your name, birth date, credit card details, including card number, card type, cardholder name, expiry date, billing address and delivery details when you place an order through our website or other channel.
- When you register to receive our newsletters or other marketing material or update your preferences in our preferences centre: You provide us with your email address, name and other relevant information to enable us to tailor our direct non-transactional communications with you.
- When you participate in competitions, questionnaires and surveys: When you complete questionnaires, surveys or competition entry forms you provide us with your personal information including your name, street address, email address and other information we might request.
- When you contact us or our customer services personnel: When you contact us by email, phone or post, for example dealing with our customer service personnel, you provide us with your personal information such as name, email address etc. In addition, we may record your calls to our customer service centres.
- Via implicit data capture measures when you visit the website: In addition to the information which you may volunteer to us, certain information is automatically collected when you visit our website via tracking technologies employed by us from time to time such as cookies. These collect information including technical information from your computer whenever you visit the website such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, your operating system and platform, browser type and version and referrer website as well as providing us with information about your shopping preferences, viewed/searched-for products and on site activity. If you are a wireless user and gain Internet access via a mobile phone you or other devices should contact your wireless provider to find out if they collect personal information about you.
- When you provide certain content to our website, for example customer reviews.
- From third party sources, for example credit checking agencies: We may receive information about you from other sources, for example from credit reference agencies to guard against fraud or we may receive your address and delivery information from third parties engaged for security or fraud-protection purposes.
B. Cookies policy
In compliance with EU Directive 2009/136/CE, we would like to inform you that our website accepts the use of “cookies”, to determine how users reach our website and to track general usage patterns once a user is on our website. Cookies are messages that web servers pass to your web browser when you visit Internet sites. Your browser stores each message in a small file, which will give us information about your last visit to our web page. This information is collected and analyzed in the aggregate in order to improve the function, content, overall appearance, and capability of our website.
Specifically, we use the following cookies:
- Analytics cookies — Allow us to see how visitors move around the website and to record which content viewers view and are interested in. This helps us to improve the service which we offer to you by helping us make sure our users are finding the information they are looking for.
- Social media cookies — Are necessary for Social Networks (Facebook, Google and Twitter). Its function is to control the interaction with Social Widgets on the page. Such Cookies are used in the domains: «facebook.com», «google.com» and «twitter.com».
- Affiliated cookies — Allow us to track visits from other Web Sites which we have an affiliation agreement. Such cookies are used in the domain “mixmarket.com”, «zanox.com»,» linkwise.com» and “optivo.com”.
- Behavioral and advertising cookies — These collect information about your preferences and choices in this website. They target advertising networks, who then use them to show customized ads on other websites.
- Technical cookies — These are strictly necessary for the use of this Website.
- Functionality cookies — These are strictly necessary to provide the services requested by users on this Website. Such cookies are used in the site: «uniticket.co.uk».
- New Relic — We use New Relic analytics to monitor the performance of our website, its underlying systems and architecture. With this information we can make changes to make the site perform more efficiently.
1. Google Analytics
Our website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. («Google»). Google Analytics uses «cookies», text files that are stored on your computer and facilitate an analysis of your use of the website. The information generated by the cookies regarding your use of this website (including your IP address) is transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports regarding website activities for the website operators and provide other services related to website use and internet use. Google may also transfer this information to third parties, provided that this is legally prescribed or if third parties process this data on behalf of Google. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
You may deactivate Google Analytics by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser, but we point out that in such case you may not be able to use all features of this website.
By using this site, you agree to the processing of your data collected by Google in the way described above and for the aforementioned purpose. If you do not want Google to receive information from your browser when you open the pages, you will find the link to opt-out solution for Google Analytics https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
2. Social plugins
Our website uses social plugins («plugins») from the social networking site facebook.com, operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA («Facebook»). The plugins can be identified by one of Facebook’s logos (a white «f» on a blue tile or a «thumbs-up» icon), or the phrase «Facebook social plug-in». The list of Facebook «social plug-ins» and their appearances can be found https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/
In case you access a webpage of our website using such a plugin, your browser will contact the Facebook server and load the visual presentation of the plugin as well as present it to you. During this exercise, the Facebook server receives information concerning your visit of the website of our internet presence as well as further data like your IP address.
When the plugin is loaded, Facebook transmits the content of the then visible plugin directly to your browser and integrates it into the page on our website. We therefore have no influence on the amount of data that Facebook is able to collect using these plugins. Information concerning the subject matter is made available by Facebook‘ data protection policy. If you are logged in to Facebook at the time, it can associate your visit to the page to your Facebook account. If you interact with the plugins, for example by clicking the ‘Like’ button or by posting a comment, the information you give is then sent directly to Facebook and saved there. If you do not have a Facebook account, it is still possible for Facebook to identify and store your IP address after you have clicked the Facebook note.
To find out more about the reasons why and the extent to which Facebook collects data, how the data is further processed and used, your rights in the matter, and settings options you can choose that protect your privacy, please see https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
If you have a Facebook account and do not want Facebook to collect data about you from our website and connect it to your member data saved on Facebook, you must log out of Facebook before visiting our website.
It is also possible to block Facebook social plugins by using add-ons for your browser.
Our website uses the social plugin («Google plugins») of the social network, Google Plus, which is operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. The «Google plug-in» can be identified by the «+1» icon.
When you open a uniticket webpage, which contains such a Google plugin, your browser will establish a direct connection to the Google servers. The content of the «+1» symbol will be sent by Google directly to your browser and integrated into the website.
According to Google, no personal information is collected without clicking on the «+1» symbol. Personal data is only collected and processed for people who are logged in to Google+. Further information can be found at https://developers.google.com/+/web/buttons-policy.
uniticket S.A. has no influence on the data collection and processing for which Google is solely responsible.
C. How we use the information we collect and with whom it is shared
1. How do we use your information?
In particular, we will use your information for the following general purposes as long as you have given us your consent:
- For registering your account with uniticket.co.uk: We will use the information that you provide to us when you register as a member on our website to set up and maintain your account.
- For fulfilling orders: When you place an order for products or services via our website or other distribution channels, we will use your information to process the requested transaction, fulfill your order and provide you with the products and services you expect.
- For responding to your queries: In order to address your query you may be contacted by email, over the telephone, or other communication method by a member of one of our customer services teams. We may also use your contact details to send you follow-up information about a booking (for example, regarding changes to booked travel or unavoidable travel disruptions affecting your journey in order to help you make alternative travel arrangements). We may contact you via email, phone or other communication channel to respond to suggestions you may send to us (for example about our website, products and services) and to assess and announce the results of surveys, competitions and other contests you may have participated in. For quality assurance and training reasons we record most of our telephone calls with our customers. Some information including customer e-mails received by us may be used by us for testimonials though your personal information, such as e-mail address or contact details, will never be displayed publicly by us.
- For internal operations and analysis: We may also use your personal information for internal administration, analysis and quality assurance purposes, including fraud prevention. We use your personal information to help us guard against fraud. In addition to processing, confirming and fulfilling the travel or other services you request, we may use certain data for administrative and analytical purposes such as information systems management, accounting, billing and audits. We may also use personal information to provide you other services, such as sending you an email notification regarding the status of your travel plans or informing you about special promotions, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, flight specials, trip information, or other travel opportunities from us or our marketing partners.
2. Who do we share your information with and why?
When you use our website and provide information about yourself, we use this information to complete your order (i.e., to complete air and other reservations), fulfil any customer service requests, and provide promotional or trip related information via email. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete your order and fulfil your travel arrangements. Such other parties may include, but are not limited to, appropriate airlines and other travel suppliers, credit card merchant services, airline reservation systems, and other global distribution systems.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties, such as official bodies and our professional advisers, as far as we believe it is necessary (i) to comply with relevant laws, orders or regulations; (ii) to enforce our customer terms and conditions of use or other contractual agreements; and (iii) to protect the property and other rights of uniticket S.A., its group companies, customers and others (for example, in any way relating to protection against fraudulent activities in respect of uniticket.co.uk).
When you make a booking or purchase products or services offered on our website, due to our security-protection and fraud-detection processes, we may pass certain personal information which you provide to us (for example, your name, credit card, billing address details) to third party credit reference agencies, payment processors or other third parties for the specific purpose of verifying that information. If your personal information cannot be satisfactorily verified (for example, your stated billing address does not match your credit card details), we will contact you to notify you that your purchase request has not been confirmed and to request corrected details, if they can be provided, before we can process your order.
D. Security of Your Personal Information
We recognize the importance of security for all personal information associated with our customers and use reasonable measures consistent with industry practices to protect personal information under our control. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we will use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. In order to protect the information stored in our systems, we have implemented security measures, including data encryption technology and firewalls.
E. How we protect your information
We want you to feel confident about using this website to make travel arrangements, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may only do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
F. Display of tailored advertising
We are committed to providing you with relevant content and information. To do this, we may, through cookies and other technologies, collect information about your travel-related searches. We use this information, together with other information we have collected about you, to serve you with ads, on our website or elsewhere online, that match your apparent interests. Please note that we do not combine the information we collect about your travel-related searches on this website with personal information (such as email address) to serve you with ads across other websites. We also do not share your personal information with third parties so they can serve you with advertisements.
If you wish us to stop sending you newsletters or details of other offers and promotions (opt out) please automatically subscribe through the unsubscribe link in our emails or please, contact us
G. Transfer of information
Please be aware that your information is processed outside the United Kingdom, where our servers are located and our central database is operated. Although the applicable data protection and other laws of the European Union is as comprehensive as those in the United Kingdom, please be assured that we will make every effort to ensure that your personal data is processed in accordance with the UK data privacy legislation and any other relevant legislation in force from time to time.
H. Third-Party Links
We prohibit the use of our website and/or services in any manner associated with the transmission, distribution or delivery of any unsolicited bulk or unsolicited commercial e-mail (“Spam”). You may not use any of our services to send Spam. You also may not deliver Spam or cause Spam to be delivered to any of our customers.
In compliance with the applicable law, e-mail sent, or caused to be sent, to or through our website or service may not:
- use or contain invalid or forged headers;
- use or contain invalid or non-existent domain names;
- employ any technique to otherwise misrepresent, hide or obscure any information in identifying the point of origin or the transmission path;
- use other means of deceptive addressing;
- use a third party’s internet domain name, or be relayed from or through a third party’s equipment, without permission of the third party;
- contain false or misleading information in the subject line or otherwise contain false or misleading content;
- fail to comply with additional technical standards described below;
We do not authorize the harvesting, mining or collection of e-mail addresses or other information from or through the website or its services. We do not permit or authorize others to use our services to collect, compile or obtain any information about our customers or subscribers, including but not limited to subscriber e-mail addresses.
We do not permit or authorize any attempt to use its services in a manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair any aspect of any of the services, or that could interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of any of our services.
If we believe that unauthorized or improper use is being made of any service, we may, without notice, take such action as it, in our sole discretion, deems appropriate, including blocking messages from a particular internet domain, mail server or IP address. We may immediately terminate any account on any service which we determines, in our sole discretion, is transmitting or is otherwise connected with any e-mail that violates this policy.
Nothing in this policy is intended to grant any right to transmit or send e-mail to, or through, our website and/or services. Failure to enforce this policy in every instance does not amount to a waiver of our rights.
Unauthorized use of any of our services in connection with the transmission of unsolicited e-mail, including the transmission of e-mail in violation of this policy, may result in civil, criminal, or administrative penalties against the sender and those assisting the sender.
J. Questions, Comments, or Concerns
We are receptive to your comments or questions.
K. Other Information You Should Know